e mërkurë, 20 qershor 2007

Blogging Above and Beyond the Call of Duty

This article is about four separate blogs who have shown outstanding ethical and moral behavior.

Bearing drift,

Which is one of the oldest blogs in the Va Blogosphere, has to my knowledge been a beacon of hope in our blogosphere. they have not joined into these "blog wars" and they have effectively campaigned and treated there opponents with civility, which we could use more of.

The same goes for Vivian J. Paige,
(yes, that is right I don't hold any partisan beliefs as to who is ethical) She has been another such blogger who has been around for a while, who always treats those she disagrees with, with kindness and respect.

The Virginian Federalist,

Has been another such blog, since there creation in 2005 I have heard only good things. they also have sparked a lot of debate over cordiality in discussion, and blogging ethics and this is a very good thing.

lastly God Save Virginia,

This blog is fairly new, and has in its short existence sparked my interest in the fight to keep out blogosphere clean from the gossip and rumors.

each of these blogs shall receive an 8 in my ethical ranking, Bearing drift shall receive a 9, I would love to give them a ten, but that seems a bit premature. These are blogs I hope to see leading the way in a ethical revolution on the blogosphere.

2 komente:

Anonim tha...

Please follow the insults and name-calling on this thread, which are unfortunately typical:

http://www.bearingdrift.com/2006/12/podcast-major-announcments-tonight.html

This was four days before Christmas. Someone was offering to help, and this high-minded supposed Christian resorted to vitriolic attacks.
Doesn't sound like ethical blogging to me.

The Ethical Blogger tha...

anonymous,

I have no problem with anon comments, but for a complaint I am gonna need a e-mail address to discuss the issue...secondly you are talking about an issue that took place before this blog even existed, and i really have no intention of going back through all bloggers archives, just to find out what they did do, i am going on what they are currently doing. If you have any more to say about any website, please feel free to e-mail me at editor.bloggingethics@gmail.com

but for the record, since this site was created I have only seen the most exemplary actions taken by bearing drift.