e enjte, 21 qershor 2007

Apology, Rebuke, and More...

Reading over my comments on The Virginian Federalist, I realize I may not have handled the situation as I should have...I spoke rashly and did not consider that my statements would reflect onto bloggers views on God Save Va (not sure how they got lumped into it) I have no affiliation with them, at this time. So I would like to publicly extend my fullest apology to "Spank That Donkey" for any and all actions taken by me, that were "unethical" One being when I said "You are acting like a five year old"

for this



"The Ethical Blogger would like to officially
apologize to Spank, and those who believe that cordiality should be the foundation of blogging."



But, this does not mean that Spank gets off easy...I would like to point out, one a great job done by Krehbiel Strikes Back in his post; Did Bloggers 4 Sayre beat the ODBA? , Spank said.

"B4S is the first time 18 Conservative bloggers has come
together for anything... The ODBA can not even claim that..."


And Krehbiel responded with some great journalism work, in the aforementioned post.

It seems several Swac bloggers, are in for it today, both Std and Swac Girl, had this to say on Vfed,

"So do we pass everything by you, Publius, to see if it qualifies as readable for the blogosphere? Are you judge and jury of what is
acceptable or a proper subject? I only respond since you specifically
mentioned the Sayre bloggers who did not go on personal attacks againt Hanger's family but hammered home issues. Perhaps you could cite
examples of where we were out of line?"


-Swac girl

"So Bloggers 4 Sayre did nothing but attack Senator Hanger? Abusive, Vile, and outright falsehoods... as the Slantin News Leader would put it?A candidates family and even employees get brought into this by pro-Hanger bloggers..."

"and I will repeat (hopefully not to be ignored again) Hanger called Myron and shut down B4H, but Myron's mudslinging continued for days afterward.. "

-STD

I bring these comments up for two reasons, one, it seems SOME Bloggers 4 Sayre have a personal issue with Republitarian, and two, that the Bloggers 4 Sayre are getting unfairly treated (gasp, I almost agree with STD)

let me explain...

I went through the site Bloggers 4 Sayre, and realized MOST of the site is only about issues, and was done so fairly tastefully, but I also noticed several similar comments left by STD, Swac girl and some other members of the site, that were anything but "ethical"

This will not become a "Blog War" between the Swacs and I.

Seems that yesterday STD comment on a site called Un Altro Breve Rapporta Su Legge, St Lo Impure posted about the "The Blogging police" and STD responded as such

"Isn't it interesting how these two new creations are not slamming republitarian for actual personal attacks on Scott Sayre's family and even employees?no their concern is Kilo vs. waldo and attacking the SWAC Leadership..I guess no one can see through this, nor care too....Lot's of condemnation of anonymous blogging from anonymous blogs.... amazing the hypocrisy of the mentalities behind these two new ventures... "

After asked

"???? "Lot's of condemnation of anonymous blogging from anonymous blogs.... amazing the hypocrisy of the mentalities behind these two new ventures..." ???Please explain."

by the sites author St. Lo Impure, Std went on to say

"Because they are attempting to slam SWAC leadership saying they are anonymous?coming from an anonymous blog.. this doesn't add up to you?Meanwhile, where have the SWAC bloggers been unethical in their blogging? I do not believe anonymous blogging is unethical, as it should be judged by it's content. "

St. Lo went on to say

"Because they are attempting to slam SWAC leadership saying they are anonymous?"where, I want copy pasted phrases by them. I would love to do a post about it."coming from an anonymous blog.. this doesn't add up to you?" no, need to get snippy, I didn't get what you were saying, I understand now, and would like either a link or something pointing to them condemning anon blogging. cause, lol, yeah they are anon themselves. "


Std, has yet to respond...I would like to know the answer to the questions myself, where did I or God Save Va say any of that stuff? I understand that STD doesn't have the best view of me, due to the fact that I did attack him on VFed, but why God Save Va???


This is not what should be happening in the blogosphere, at every turn we should not be expecting to see STD or any blogger defend there "candidate" against those who do not even assault them. It seems Std, claims that both God Save Va and I attacked swac bloggers, for being anonymous, which he rightly pointed out no anonymous blogger should ever attack another anonymous blogger for being anonymous, but (as far as I can tell) neither God Save Va nor I, did any such thing, and neither did Publius of the Va federalist. If I am incorrect please comment or e-mail me, I hold correct information in the highest regard and do not want to unfairly call STD a liar, but this is more then about "making things up" it is about chivalry, acting with good intentions, and STD is not going around defending himself, he is creating issues with bloggers who have no issue with him.
In this post STD says


"Thanks Ladies and Gentleman it's great to hang out with principled bloggers! Some bloggers have to 'talk' ethics, others 'walk' the ethics."



STD,

Why must you try to make this personal? I have to say that Bloggers 4 sayres in itself was a great idea and fairly ethical (100% might be a little too far) and recieves a 7, but you Std recieve a 3...Swac girl gets a 3.5, for continually bringing up Republitian.
If evidence is proven that either God Save Va, Publius, or I posted or commented attacking swac bloggers for posting anonymously, then I will immediatly raise his ethical ranking. St lo Impure receives a 5.5 for trying to stay out of the battle, and linking us :-)

Also, Std I will be doing a post about Republitarian and his posting on Sayre's wife's DUIs, but I will point out this was not a blog war...but the rest I will save for the post.

2 komente:

Spank That Donkey tha...

oh, I see it's not actual ethics in blogging.. it's blog wars...

"Also, Std I will be doing a post about Republitarian and his posting on Sayre's wife's DUIs, but I will point out this was not a blog war...but the rest I will save for the post."

and of course all those 'not ethical examples on B4S', well that's not part of the discussion, it's just a bunch of rambling BS.

Go play with yourselves, I don't have time for your foolish ramblings...

The Ethical Blogger tha...

?? I said "Bloggers 4 Sayre are getting unfairly treated (gasp, I almost agree with STD)"

and

"I have to say that Bloggers 4 sayres in itself was a great idea and fairly ethical (100% might be a little too far) and recieves a 7"

how was that taken as

"and of course all those 'not ethical examples on B4S', well that's not part of the discussion, it's just a bunch of rambling BS."

...what am I missing?

and don't misinterpret what I meant by it not being a blog war, this post was dealing with the blog wars, which is why I didn't talk much about Republitarian, but you should be happy, you are going to get what you want, a post dealing with what Republitarian said...